- CommonJs: A module system before ES6. It by itself is not implementation
- Browserify: An implementation of CommonJS
- AMD: A module system before ES6. It by itself is not implementation
- RequireJS: An implementation of CommonJS
- System.js: An implementation that supports CommonJS + AMD + ES6 Module system
- Webpack: An implementation that supports CommonJS + AMD + ES6 Module system
Module bundling: Bundle the modules in to a single big file at building time, instead of runtime. The browser will only have to download a single file. This in most of cases will increase the performance. Webpack and Browserify do this.
Development Env Tools
- npm/yarn: Just like Maven/Gradle. With some configurations it can also be used to run the node server which hosts your code, just like “mvn jetty:run” in Java
- browserSync: Keep multiple browsers & devices in sync when building websites.