Only some kinds of state need to be in Redux,
- State that’s shared by multiple components on the same page
- State that’s read by multiple components
- State that’s written by one component and read by another
- State whose lifecycle is longer than its component. For example, “recordList” for a list page – If you go to a detail page from a list page, and then come back, you don’t want to re-fetch the list from the backend. With “recordList” in redux you can just read it from the Redux store.
Typical cases that you don’t need Redux for you state:
- Form values – And this is why Formix is better than Redux-Form
- “currentRecord” for a detail page